Thursday, July 19, 2012

City girl, Country life


   Worms. Not just any worms, big fat nightcrawlers. So big you have to pinch them in half, getting their insides spurted on you before sliding them on the hook.
  Yup, I'm not in New Port Richey anymore. Still, standing yards away from a corn field watching the sun spill over the pond, line in hand, makes me feel a certain homey warmth.
   I am far from home, in south middle Tennessee-again, spending time with Kadee, my best friend. In one afternoon and two evenings we caught upwards of 45 little pan fish-mostly blue gill. However, there were two bass that we cleaned and cooked up!
  

  I might have a slight obsession with waterfalls. Once, I got lost in the backwoods of Alabama looking for one. This time, I didn't get lost! I even found a new friend-Josh Montgomery, a local writer and poet looking for inspiration in the falls.




Jacks Bar-B-Que
  Of course, the food. We stopped into Jack's Barbeque for some of the best ribs I've ever had-and I've had some ribs!


   It's crazy how facebook connects people. Here I am, in Tennessee, far from home and I meet up with some friends I haven't seen in ages! Downtown Nashville lit me up with bright lights, country music and a carriage ride (thanks to the Thomas family!). I even took a short line dance lesson at the Wild Horse Saloon.
With the Thomas sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment